Packaging and installation

Jeffrey Watts watts at jayhawks.net
Tue Oct 24 08:43:28 PDT 2000

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Jeff Tranter wrote:

> What do the Debian folks think of this? My fear is that Debian will
> opt out of being LSB compliant if it means they have to switch to RPM,
> leaving those of us based on Debian in a situation where we can't be
> LSB compliant, and weakening the importance of the LSB standard.

If you're somewhat new to the lsb-discuss list, please check the archives
before discussing this.  This is an old discussion.  Very old.

In short, the Debian folks (and everyone else participating in the LSB)
have long ago agreed on RPM as a standard.

Speaking of which, is there a mailing list FAQ?  We should put this in,
given that it comes up every few months.

Jeffrey.

| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Programmer         | "...I'm not one of those who think Bill |
| Network Systems Management |  Gates is the devil.  I simply suspect  |
| Sprint Communications      |  that if Microsoft ever met up with the |
o----------------------------|  devil, it wouldn't need an             |
                             |  interpreter."                          |
                             |  -- Nick Petreley                       |