Packaging and installation

rebel-os rebel linuxrebel at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 24 09:55:46 PDT 2000

i have been an LSB observer and supporter for a little while now.
please excuse my technical ignorance.

i agree that we need something now that does the most needed 90%.
the other 10% we can figure out later, in revisions 3, 4, 5, etc...

since Debian has already agreed to comply, who's left?
we've got Suse, Turbo, Caldera...Slackware?  who wouldn't see the need to
port to whatever's chosen?  their longterm future practically depends on it.
  RPM does seem like the best choice for what we're trying to accomplish
here.  eventually, an LSBloader will surface.  until then...

other than sporratic comments like these, how can a non-tech help the LSB?
i'm already in the process of creating an entire LSB section on
http://www.Rebel-OS.com to raise awareness of the LSB.  what else?

thanks,

angel.

(insert your own witty comment here)