ANNOUNCEMENT: /bin/lsb_release V1.3

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at linuxcare.com.au
Mon Oct 30 14:42:17 PST 2000

Wichert Akkerman writes:

> I noticed the lsb_release output is unnecessarily hard to parse: even
> if I explicitly request a single value it insists on using
> "key: value" output, which means I need to strip it manually. Can
> we consider changing it to be more like uname?

How about if a single value is to be returned then the 'key:' part is
dropped, otherwise the current behaviour is preserved. This would seem
to me to be less likely to cause problems in the future if lsb_release
changes what '-a' returns and also avoids problems with spaces in
fields.

Regards,

Chris.
cyeoh at linuxcare.com.au