Packaging-format questions

Andrew Josey ajosey at rdg.opengroup.org
Mon Apr 8 08:37:00 PDT 2002

> I also have a question about the dependencies. A package must depend on lsb,
> and lsb only. So any library needed for a program to run that is not part of
> a lsb-compliant system must be inserted into the package. The chances are
> great that more than one application needs a certain library. How will the
> packaging format deal with this?

An LSB application can have third party dependencies , it is just
they have to be themselves LSB applications, for the application to be
conformant, and the application provider must declare the dependency in
the documentation associated with the product.  This is covered under
the definition of Application Conformance.  It would make sense for
these dependencies to be package dependencies.

regards
Andrew

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to lsb-discuss-request at lists.linuxbase.org