[lsb-discuss] Loadable Modules

Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo acme at conectiva.com.br
Sat Dec 7 09:40:20 PST 2002

Em Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 09:22:42AM -0800, Matt Young escreveu:
> I might subscribe to the list if the standardization of loadable modules was
> part of LSB responsibilities.
>
> My issue on Loadable Modules is this:
>
> When making a loadable module,  I have discovered that there are kernel
> compile switches that change the variable size of elements in inode and task
> sttructures, basically rendering the header files useless.  Furthermore.
> there are GCC options that do the same.

struct inode and struct sock were changed in 2.5 to be independent of any of
its users, dunno about struct task

just look at:

http://linux.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5/cset@1.262.2.2?nav=index.html|ChangeSet@-1y

There is a series of changesets doing the same for struct inode.

> Is tthe LSB group working on this problem?

The kernel team is 8)

- Arnaldo