LSB1.1: /proc/cpuinfo

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Thu Jan 3 16:45:23 PST 2002

> If Documentation/Changes says you need never binutils for a new
> development kernel or a new stable series you update it, there is no
> reason not to do so for glibc.

Is there anyone home ?

Think like a business end user

"We updated the kernel it broke"
"Our app isnt certified with the new glibc"
"Why do we have to change two components at a time - how will we test it"

At the moment I repeat - I can run any app back to libc 2.2 on a 2.4.x
kernel. Thats back to the days of Linux 0.98 or so.

I concur we should consider hard if we want to document the internals of
/proc/cpuinfo except when needed (eg mips cache stuff)