PROPOSAL: LSB Conformance

Doug Beattie dbb at caldera.com
Fri Jan 4 08:16:11 PST 2002

I believe the distributions should be required to run the 2 LSB
provided applications from our battery.

I also believe that in order to prepare better prepare application for
later "Compliance" we should specify that they need to run their
application on the sample environment and at least 2 of the
distributions that will self claim "Conformance".

As we have spoken before I believe we said we will require the
applications to run on the sample, one "Certified" distribution of
their choice, and one "Certified" distribution of the LSB's choice
which will be randomly choosen.

It may delay the applications being able to declare a self
"Conformance" for a short while if we have to get distributions to
make statements and release "Conforming" platforms first, but I
believe it would bring things more in line for what we will require
later and in the long run keep things moving along more smoothly.

Comments always welcome.

Doug