Application compliance vs conformance

George Kraft IV gk4 at austin.ibm.com
Tue Jan 22 09:37:15 PST 2002

"John R. Daily" wrote:

> Comparing the definitions of compliant and conformant

It looks like I failed to pass along a piece of critical information to
everyone.  The FSG board did not like the ambiguity of conformance versus
compliance; therefore, we have canned "LSB Conformance" and have revitalized a
more stringent "LSB Certification Pilot" that will have a definite start,
middle, and end.

http://www.linuxbase.org/test/pilot/

In short, we now have:

1) LSB Certification Pilot (runs until there is an actual certification program
with policies, procedures, terms & conditions)
2) LSB Certification (third party testing)
3) LSB Compliance (self test)

George (gk4)