[lsb-futures] SNMP

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Jan 30 17:45:57 PST 2002

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 05:32:46AM -0800, Wichmann, Mats D wrote:
> >
> > Quick question...
> >
> > Has the question of SNMP support been discussed?
> >
> > I've been asked to look into a "coordinated
> > SNMP heirarchy" and see if LSB is an appropriate
> > vehicle to accomplish that.
>
> SNMP support as in what?

Sorry, I foolishly passed on a request verbatim without
understanding the requirements.  Due to whatever has
happened in my past, I have zero personal knowledge of
SNMP and somehow I thought the phrase that was used would
have some intrinsic meaning to folks who knew the area.
I'll revisit this later when I know more (if it makes
sense).  I have a feel that the last of Ted's thoughts
is what was wanted - the function that might make sense
for LANANA, but that's just wild guessing on my part.

Mats