[lsb-futures] Re: Configuration File Spec part of LSB?

Dr. Giovanni A. Orlando gorlando at futuretg.com
Fri Jul 12 01:43:23 PDT 2002

Don Hoover wrote:

>--- Matt Taggart <taggart at carmen.fc.hp.com> wrote:
>

>>as a former hpux user I have used rc.config.d and
>>agree it's  nice.

About rc.config.d ... I don't know if this may be applied to Linux.

I prefer, to be conservative and does not touch actual rc ... rc.d (SysV).

Thanks,
Giovanni.

>>Sound OK?
>>Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
>>taggart at fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation
>>

>Sounds fine..
>
>I am a professional Unix admin with about a decade of
>experience at a fortune 50, have been using Linux
>since the early 90's and feel pretty strongly that
>Linux is a little too tied in the "old school" unix
>way of doing things, and it's find for us that can use
>vi in our sleep and often do.. but I just think that
>this is silly to keep these bad habits of hapazard
>storage of os config...
>
>I will try to get involved the best I can.
>
>-Don
>
>=====
>---
>Don Hoover
>dxh at yahoo.com

  Future Technologies, The TOTAL Linux Company!

   http://www.futuretg.com
   ftp://ftp.futuretg.com/
   mailto:gorlando at futuretg.com

   Italia:                          USA
   Via Cairoli, 1                   1620 26th Street - 3rd floor South Tower
   33170 - Pordenone (PN)           Santa Monica - CA

   Telefono: +39 0434 - 209 107.
   Fax:      +39 0434 - 209 510.

	http://www.FTLinuxCourse.com -  The best training product ever made!
	http://www.futuretg.com/FTOSX - The best Operating System ever made!