extension of lsb packages

Matt Taggart taggart at carmen.fc.hp.com
Sat Mar 2 15:06:40 PST 2002

Erik Troan writes...

> On Fri, 01 Mar 2002 18:41:05 -0700
> "Matt Taggart" <taggart at carmen.fc.hp.com> wrote:
>
> > Another thing I've been thinking about is transition to a future lsb packag
> > format. Does naming packages .lsb make that transition any easier/harder?
>
> This is Unix (well, almost) folks. Any tool that depends on the extension of
> a filename to work properly is simply broken.

Good point. So I think this makes it even more important for file(1) to
report the right thing so that tools that know how to deal with rpm can use
it to differentiate between normal rpms and LSB packages.

--
Matt Taggart        Linux Development Lab
taggart at fc.hp.com   HP Linux Systems Operation