extension of lsb packages

Matt Wilson msw at redhat.com
Tue Mar 5 12:24:28 PST 2002

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 12:54:08PM -0600, George Kraft IV wrote:
> 2)  ...
>
> Unfortunately resources got tight and the team stagnated in the
> proto-type phase.

I think the main problem here is that the taskforce was attempting to
create a standard for packaging.  What really needs to happen here is
for the Linux Community (and perhaps even other groups like Sun, HP,
IBM, HP, Apple, and *BSD) to come up with a BETTER packaging solution
than what we have.  It's our job to document de facto standards and
best working practice as well defined, testable, certifiable
standards.  Facilitating industry to make these kinds of advancements,
while a bit out of our scope, would be nice.  Making a new standard
from scratch is a doomed path.

Cheers,

Matt