User settings

Emanuel Dejanu edejanu at route66.ro
Tue Mar 26 05:52:29 PST 2002

I know that is not an easy step, but a very long and complicated
step. Please send me to a standard draft that say that a app
configuration file must stay on $HOME/. I have not seen this standard
anywhere. I know that this is the tradition and traditions are very
hard to be broken.

Why will be good is that this to be a recommendation from LSB and in
this way all new programs will use the new path instead of using
the old (traditional) path and in time all software will use the
new path for keeping settings.

P.S. Sorry for my poor english.
P.S. Keep me in CC for this thread.