User settings

Kevin Caunt krc at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 26 06:53:58 PST 2002

I think this should go to the LSB Futures working group.

Kevin Caunt
krc at us.ibm.com
512-823-8540; t/l 793-8540
IBM Linux Technology Center
FSG's Linux Standard Base

"Emanuel Dejanu" <edejanu at route66.ro> on 03/26/2002 08:21:31 AM

Please respond to <edejanu at route66.ro>

To:    <vulture at ic.ac.uk>
cc:    <freestandards-fhs-discuss at lists.sourceforge.net>,
       <lsb-discuss at lists.linuxbase.org>, <lsb-spec at lists.linuxbase.org>
Subject:    RE: User settings

I think that this is the way to go:

mkdir /etc/skel/myrealhome
mkdir $HOME/myrealhome
echo "cd $HOME/myrealhome" >> /etc/profile

Still will be nice if the FHS and LSB will
make a recommendation for the new programs
to store there settings in $HOME/.settings.

Best regards,

Emanuel Dejanu