Hi, new in lsb-list, goal of LSB ?

Sven Vermeulen sven.vermeulen at rug.ac.be
Tue May 7 23:26:18 PDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 09:03:30AM -1000, Christin LIVINE wrote:
> I'm new to lsb-list.
> My fisrt question, what's the goal of LSB ? Would I install a software
> (Samba 2.2.4 for example) with an unique source (or an unique RPM) on
> Slackware, Debian, Mandrake, Red Hat,... without problems ?

It is indeed an advantage directed to end-users that one can install a
lsb-compliant package on an lsb-compliant system without real problems.

Note however that none of the above mentioned distributions are lsb-compliant
yet.

Wkr,
	Sven Vermeulen

--
 Proposed signall:
	SIGNUKE         Nuclear event occurred (cannot be caught or