[lsb-discuss] RPC ?

anderson at freestandards.org anderson at freestandards.org
Wed Apr 9 07:13:59 PDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003, Nils O. [ISO-8859-1] Selåsdal wrote:

> >If things are missing form the LSB development headers,
> The headers seems to conform to the LSB written specification 1.3 , but
> what I'm wondering about is how to _use_ them, when things are "missing"
> with respect to what is defined in the "standard" glibc (and Solaris)
> headers.

If something important is missing, then it is a bug. We have found a number of
issues with the development environment since 1.3. These are reflected in the
daily snapshots that are available on the ftp site.

> E.g. shouldn't I atleast be able to compile output made by rpcgen ?
> If I cannot, I'm afraid I'm lost..

Yes, you should. If you can provide a small exmaple, then we can get things
fixed.

                                Stuart

anderson at freestandards.org                             Free Standards Group
Lead Developer, Written Specification                  Linux Standard Base
1024D/37A79149:                                        0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                       BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149