[lsb-discuss] Some questions on the LSB build environment

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Feb 1 13:51:46 PST 2003

Mike Hearn wrote:
> My first question is if there is any way to stop lsbcc attempting to
> statically link all the additional libraries. As we can use stuff like
> apt to effectively "distibute the libraries with the application" I
> clearly don't want to statically link anything if I don't have to. It's
> not realistic to statically link the gnome libs into every gnome app for
> example. I can't see any way of doing that though, and there doesn't
> seem to be an lsbcc manpage.

I'm not expert in this, but here's my two cents:

I'm afraid that since LSB apps are not allowed to rely
on any libs not in the LSB, they must include all the
libs they're going to need, right in the .lsb package.
Now, I can imagine an app that contains multiple
executables having its own shared libraries, an
I'd expect the LSB build tools to allow that.
But having a dependency on a system library that's not
in LSB, as you propose, is right out.
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel