[lsb-discuss] Some questions on the LSB build environment

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Sat Feb 1 13:45:19 PST 2003

> But having a dependency on a system library that's not
> in LSB, as you propose, is right out.

I know that's true for LSB certified apps proper, but all I'm really
interested in is making it use the LSB versions in glibc, as that seems
to be the main sticking point in making binaries portable between
distros, the rest of the LSB doesn't concern me a huge deal right now.

So really, all I need is to be able to compile apps using the LSB
provided headers and stub libraries, as that way for instance the one
binary will work on Redhat, Mandrake and SuSE, which is my main
interest.

thanks -mike