[lsb-discuss] Some questions on the LSB build environment

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Feb 4 02:20:34 PST 2003

Mike Hearn wrote:
> At some point I'm going to rebuild glibc with the altered link order and see
> if it affects anything - it shouldn't, I can't think of any way you'd actually
> be able to depend on the current behaviour, but I should think people would
> want assurance first.

You might want to get a gentoo system up and running, and
try building an entire distribution with your changes.
That's how a couple of very early adopters of the recent
glibc changes tested things out before the mainstream
distros got around to providing packages.

BTW the LSB brand is, from what I can tell,
oriented around zero external dependencies simply because
that's the only way to be really bulletproof.  If you
run into trouble because you're doing something different,
please don't blame the LSB... I'd hate for anyone to
think the LSB was flaky because a rebel used the LSB
libraries and tools in a way not intended by the authors
of the LSB.

- Dan

--
Dan Kegel