[lsb-discuss] Some questions on the LSB build environment

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Feb 6 14:03:45 PST 2003

Mike Hearn wrote:
>>>By the way, does anybody know what happened to the LSB taskforces on universal
>>>packaging?
>>
>>1, 2 and 3? I suspect they faded away with the release of LSB 1.0.
>>Certainly traffic on all the various lists seems a bit sporadic...
>

> Well George Kraft has said they basically bombed due to lack of time,
> but I'm hoping that perhaps in a week or so I might be able to get some
> enthusiasm going for a standard packaging system.

Heh.  Bet you a nickel you won't.  The packaging debates were too
painful.  If you try, please start out by coming up with a list
of concrete disadvantages to the current .lsb packaging system.
We need solid issues to chew on to overcome our lethargy
from the last few tries, and perhaps in the ensuing debate
we can infect you with our lethargy :-)
- Dan

--
Dan Kegel