[lsb-discuss] Stock Letter to send to software vendors.

George Kraft gk4 at austin.ibm.com
Mon Jan 13 09:25:06 PST 2003

On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 18:46, Jack Cummings wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking to sent a letter to our software vendors, asking them to snap to
> supporting a version of the LSB, as opposed to a version of a particular Linux
> distrobution.

Good question!  Jack is right, we should be asking all of our software
suppliers if their software is LSB ready (loaded question).

Currently there are a dozen LSB v1.2 certified runtime environments.

http://www.linuxbase.org/test/registered.html

At LinuxWorld we will be launching LSB v1.3 certification.  Software
applications should be targeting "LSB v1.2 or better" for their "system
requirements".

Here are three useful resources to point someone to...

http://www.linux-kongress.org/2002/papers/lk2002-yeoh.html

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-lsb.html