[lsb-discuss] desktop linux standard base

adrian15 beatlesnap at go.to
Tue Jan 21 06:02:45 PST 2003

Hello to all, this is my first message.

I am willing to define the linux standard base on how the applications
should work in a Desktop, it doesn't mind if it's gnome or kde. The
problem is that I've been looking into your webpages and I'm seeing that
you're treating more low-level problems such as c libraries and so on.

So I am asking you if you have done any desktop linux standard base or
if I should go directly to Kde or Gnome websites to ask them to
standarise themselves in a better way than they are now.

My proposal would be about right-button:

Every program with a read-only text should have to show Copy (in the
predefined linux language, that means in Spanish should appear Copiar).
And every program with a read-and-write text should have to show Cut,
Copy and Paste. Of course everyprogram should be able to overwrite it
but... it should be there by default.

Am I in the right place for talking about these things.

Thanks for reading my email.

adrian15.