[lsb-discuss] Re: [Lsb-confcall] Patch: Init scripts PID format

anderson at freestandards.org anderson at freestandards.org
Tue Jul 8 13:14:57 PDT 2003

Patches Patches Patches! I love Patches !! 8-)

This too shall be in tonights WIP build.

Thnaks!

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Tobias Burnus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this patch should make Mark Hatle happier and should solve this issue:
>   [ 765901 ] PID format not defined (PID file + pidofproc)
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=765901&group_id=1107&atid=101107
>
> Mark Hatle wrote:
> >>Specifies that /var/run/basename.pid shall be used.  But I don't see a
> >>format to this specified anywhere.  I am assuming that the format is
> >>single line, with whitespace seperating pids, such as: "X Y Z" (where
> >>X,Y and Z are 3 pids that basename occupies.)
>
> I think the wording should be ok, but it can be made more precise: (-;
> - Internal Field Separator (PID separator): Space
> - Single Line, determinated by a "\n"
> - The PID should output non-binary in decimal representation
>   (what else ;-): printf "%d" $PID
> - pidofproc should output "" if no PID could be found.
>
> but the wording in the patch should be sufficient.
>

> Tobias
>
> PS: This patch contains again the spellfix patch:
>   It shall return 0 if the program is
>  -the process is running and not 0 otherwise.
>  +running and not 0 otherwise.

                                Stuart

anderson at freestandards.org                             Free Standards Group
Lead Developer, Written Specification                  Linux Standard Base
1024D/37A79149:                                        0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                       BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149