[lsb-discuss] install_initd clobbers system init symlinks

Bart Whiteley bwhiteley at novell.com
Mon Jul 14 09:22:00 PDT 2003

Then I would also have to also remove their symlinks
that contain the upper-case letters.  This might cause their
documentation to be invalid, and possibly jepardize the users
support contract.  It could even break their product if the number
on their original symlink was carefully chosen for some reason.

Changing someone else's product is just philisophically bad.

Currently there are zero LSB compliant applications.  Distros
should be more tolerant of non-LSB compliant add on packages
until that changes.

--
Bart Whiteley <bwhiteley at novell.com>
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of information solutions