[lsb-discuss] Developing for LSB

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at samba.org
Tue Jun 3 22:01:15 PDT 2003

At 2003/6/4 12:01+1000  Tom Howard writes:

> Thanks for the info.  May I suggest that the following or similar be added to
> the lsb_release man page in the DESCRIPTION section?
>
> "It is intended that the format of the output of this program will remain
> stable, so you may use it in your programs to determine the version of the
> LSB specification against which the the distribution is compliant."

I think we would also need to specify what the output format is in the
specification.

> > for LSB 2.0 and that could cover lsb_release.
>
> I'm happy to write tests for this (just lsb_release, not everthing else ;) ).
> How do I go about contributing?

The best place to start is here:

http://www.linuxbase.org/test/build_test_suites.html

If that doesn't scare you off then we'll need work up some assertions.
I think the test cases themselves will probably best fit into a
modified vsc-lite (commands & utilities) test suite but I have to talk
to Andrew about that first.

Regards,

Chris
cyeoh at au.ibm.com