[lsb-discuss] Developing for LSB

Tom Howard tomhoward at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 3 22:51:46 PDT 2003

Hi Chris,

On Wednesday 04 June 2003 15:01, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> If that doesn't scare you off then we'll need work up some assertions.

From what I've just read, and from what I can find in the current spec we
can't make any assertions about the format of the output from lsb_release, so
as you said, the output format needs to be added to the spec.

I guess the most important aspect is the short output format as that is
easiest to use in a program. This would also allow the long format to be
unrestricted in it's implementation, which may be a good thing.

I've never had any dealings with specifications before, so unless you really
want me to, I'll leave the wording up to you or someone else.   So when we do
have a suggested addition to the spec, what do we do from there?

Tom Howard

Yahoo: bjandtomau
ICQ: 270792190