[lsb-discuss] Developing for LSB

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at samba.org
Thu Jun 5 22:19:06 PDT 2003

At 2003/6/4 15:51+1000  Tom Howard writes:

> I guess the most important aspect is the short output format as that is
> easiest to use in a program. This would also allow the long format to be
> unrestricted in it's implementation, which may be a good thing.
>
> I've never had any dealings with specifications before, so unless you really
> want me to, I'll leave the wording up to you or someone else.   So when we do
> have a suggested addition to the spec, what do we do from there?

Give me a few days and I'll put together some suggested wording. Will
need to lodge a bug report on SourceForge for this but I don't think
it will be controversial.  The first step from there is to generate
assertions which will need to be reviewed on the lsb-test mailing
list. Then the tests themselves can be written - you might want to
look athe usersgroups test suite for examples of test assertions and
corresponding tests, some of which are written in shell which is most
likely what the lsb_release testcases would be done in.

Regards,

Chris
cyeoh at au.ibm.com
IBM OzLabs Linux Development Group