[lsb-discuss] Re: Standarized Menu System / Hierachy

Svyatogor svyatogor at gentoo.org
Sun Jun 8 06:57:05 PDT 2003

Hello!
While I am not that optimistic about coding a common tool for all distros to
use due to a number of differences in structure and logic. However, if there
any sign that we could reach an agreement upon a common tool I'd be glad to
take part in this development.

On the other hand, I feel that it is extremely important to agree upon a
certain standrat for the menu system (a lot of work has already been done,
but there is no standart yet) and also for the system of translation of a
system wide to WM-specific menu.

For translation from system-wide to wm-specific menu I proposed to use a set
of shell scripts (one for each wm), which would contain a set function, such
as init_menu(), start_menu(),  white_entry(), etc., which would basically
describe how to generate menu for this specific wm.

--
Sergey Kuleshov <svyatogor at gentoo.org>
Let the Force be with us!