[lsb-discuss] UID Registry

George Kraft gk4 at austin.ibm.com
Tue Jun 10 06:55:43 PDT 2003

Per bug 695338, the LSB Specification Authority has removed the registry
requirement for UIDs.

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 16:44, Bart Whiteley wrote:
> http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/refspecs/LSB_1.3.0/gLSB/gLSB/uidrange.html
>
> Shouldn't LANANA be this "common registry"?
> I think this would be a useful role for LANANA.

RCS file: /cvsroot/lsb/spec/gLSB/usersgroups/usersgroups.m4,v
retrieving revision 1.17
retrieving revision 1.18
diff -r1.17 -r1.18
115,116c115,116
< The system UIDs from 0 to 99 should be statically allocated by the
system.
< These static assignments should be defined by a common registry.
---

--
George (gk4)