[lsb-discuss] UID Registry

Bart Whiteley bwhiteley at novell.com
Tue Jun 10 09:15:51 PDT 2003

I would prefer the opposite solution (let LANANA be the
common registry).

For example: Currently among the major distributions you can
find users "apache", "httpd", "www", or "wwwrun".  All of
them have different UIDs.  This makes it a challenge to
develop applications intended to run on multiple distributions.

--
Bart Whiteley <bwhiteley at novell.com>
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of information solutions