[lsb-discuss] Updating the PATH for /opt/<package>/bin

Bart Whiteley bwhiteley at novell.com
Wed Jun 25 14:15:16 PDT 2003

Could you explain the setup.sh idea?  Is this
a file that is installed by the RPM, and the admin
runs it after the RPM is installed?  If so, how does
the admin run it if it is not in the PATH?  :)  Or, is it a
file that the admin gets along side the RPM
(which perhaps invokes rpm -i to install the RPM)?

Why are you opposed to letting the package do this in
post-install?