[lsb-discuss] Packaging group

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Thu Mar 6 11:06:48 PST 2003

Hi,

I'd like to get discussion started in the next week or two there, and
was wondering if anybody had ideas for people to get involved? Judging
from the subscribers list, there are already people from redhat and
ximian signed up, I think it might be worth getting someone from SuSE
and Mandrake as well, also Debian.

Are there any people from those projects on this list, who are
interested in improving the current packaging situation?

I think a suitable first goal would be to work towards improving the LSB
RPM system, so it can tackle dependancies (a lot of work in and of
itself).

thanks -mike