[lsb-discuss] archive format

Mike Hearn mike at theoretic.com
Mon Mar 10 12:48:11 PST 2003

I think the focus is going to be (at least i hope it will be) on
standardising certain key parts of the system rather than attempting to
design and then mandate a new format. If a new format is created at some
point in the future, if we've done our jobs right it should be able to
nicely integrate with the current, existing systems.

Because really, although I agree in principle, there are lots of RPMs
out there and they're not going to go away. So we need to account for
all these kinds of packages.

thanks -mike