[lsb-discuss] Re: [lsb-futures] Qt libs ... included in the kernel 2.6 ... Why still blocked?

Matt Taggart taggart at carmen.fc.hp.com
Thu Nov 6 14:02:03 PST 2003

"Dr. Giovanni A. Orlando" writes...

>     It is clear that the actual clausole that block Qt:
>
>         http://www.linuxbase.org/futures/candidates/Qt/index.html#demand
>
>     have no sense anymore.

Are we reading the same web page? On that page, Qt is listed as meeting
("Yes") the demand criteria. We've had lots of people asking for it.
The criteria that it's blocked on is License. Ted did a good job
of describing why in another message.

>     Basically the file: qconf.cc have the same weight that any Linux
> driver, in the kernel hierarchy ... I think.

The LSB criteria has nothing to do with the Linux kernel, and we try
not to specify any kernel interfaces at all. I don't understand the
relevance of your point. Can you clarify?

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart        Linux and Open Source Lab
taggart at fc.hp.com   Hewlett-Packard