[lsb-discuss] gLSB: sysinit: clearify algorithm for determining status of programs

Tobias Burnus tobias.burnus at physik.fu-berlin.de
Wed Sep 3 12:05:23 PDT 2003

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 08:20:38PM +0200, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> > >   http://freestandards.org/pipermail/lsb-discuss/2003-July/001716.html
> http://freestandards.org/pipermail/lsb-discuss/2003-August/001756.html
> http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~tburnus/lsb/patches/sysinit-process-finding.diff

Since I haven't heard any real objections, I have checked in the
proposed patch with minor changes. The checked-in patch can be found
here:
http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~tburnus/lsb/patches/sysinit-checked-in-title+pid.diff

Main changes:
- pidofproc should only return pids of running processes
- programs should delete their pidfile when they are stopped
- checking the status of a program should allow for script-based
  daemons
- killproc should delete the pidfile,
  when the program has been terminated

I think the changes should be ok, but feel free to rise any concerns.

A colour annotated version of all changes in the System Initialization
section since gLSB 1.3.0 can be found here
  http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~tburnus/lsb/html/sysinit.html
Changes before August 12 (beginning of LSB v1.9 Public Review) are
marked in green, changes thereafter in red.

Tobias