[lsb-discuss] msgfmt 5: fuzzy.po invalid?

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Thu Sep 4 00:32:37 PDT 2003

Hi,

I think the fuzzy.po file for the msgfmt 5 test is invalid. With
gettext 0.11.5, the test passes. But with gettext 0.12.1, it fails.

The first message looks like:

# Test Message
#, fuzzy
domain  "openi18n.mo"
msgid   "hello"
msgstr  "aã¢ã"

There is a "fuzzy" comment, but after this comment, there is no
message but a "domain" directive. I don't think that "domain" can
be fuzzy, so msgfmt is correct to ignore it.

Moving the "domain" statement before this comment fixes the test
case and msgfmt 5 does not longer fail.

Who knows more about this and if the above syntax is really invalid?

 Thanks,
  Thorsten

Thorsten Kukuk       http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/        kukuk at suse.de
SuSE Linux AG        Deutschherrnstr. 15-19        D-90429 Nuernberg