[lsb-discuss] PROJECT VOLUNTEER: LSB dynamic application checking

George Kraft gk4 at austin.ibm.com
Mon Sep 15 14:30:05 PDT 2003

The LSB has written an "lsbappchk" tool to statically check the ABIs
linked in a binary image to see if they match that of the LSB.  Versions
of lsbappchk are built by statically building in specific tables of the
LSB.

http://ftp.freestandards.org/pub/lsb/test_suites/released-1.3.0/binary/application/

Ideally we would like to check both the ABIs, and check the parameters &
return codes of the functions called.  One solution may be to modify strace
or strace for the LSB purpose of dynamic application checking?

http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~wichert/strace/

http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man1/ltrace.1.html

I would like to ask for a single volunteer to take this project proposal
and GPL implement it before the the 2Q04.

Thanks,

--
George (gk4)