[lsb-discuss] fail to build lsb-runtime-test-1.3.3-1.src.rpm on RHL9

Jin, Gordon gordon.jin at intel.com
Mon Sep 15 20:46:54 PDT 2003

I got error in building lsb-runtime-test-1.3.3-1.src.rpm on RHL9
(glibc-2.3.2-11.9, gcc-3.2.2-5, kernel-2.4.20-8). Anyone can help me?

I got the source rpm from
http://ftp.freestandards.org/pub/lsb/test_suites/released/source/runtime
/lsb-runtime-test-1.3.3-1.src.rpm
After installing the source rpm, I execute install.sh. It runs well.
Then I logged in as vsx0, and run ../setup.sh. But I got error in
installing pseudolanguages. Does it mean I have to use glibc older than
2.2?

Install pseudolanguages ..? [y]

Attempting to determine version of glibc on the system:
This appears to be a version of glibc older than 2.2 - beta
or otherwise. If this is not correct then we have a problem!
You may encounter problems installing the pseudo languages
and in running the tests associated with pseudo languages

Enter the root password:
Password:
localedef -c -f lang0.ascii -i lang0.src VSX4L0
character map `VSX4L0' is not ASCII compatible, locale not ISO C
compliant
character L'\u0009' in class `blank' must be in class `space'
character L'\u0020' in class `blank' must be in class `space'
<SP> character not in class `space'
No definition for LC_NUMERIC category found
No definition for LC_TIME category found
No definition for LC_COLLATE category found
No definition for LC_MONETARY category found
No definition for LC_MESSAGES category found
No definition for LC_PAPER category found
No definition for LC_NAME category found
No definition for LC_ADDRESS category found
No definition for LC_TELEPHONE category found
No definition for LC_MEASUREMENT category found
No definition for LC_IDENTIFICATION category found
make: *** [VSX4L0] Error 1
Aborting installation

Thanks,
Gordon