[lsb-discuss] LSB Charter

George Kraft gk4 at austin.ibm.com
Wed Sep 17 11:20:54 PDT 2003

For the past few years the LSB has been successfully operating without
formally written guidelines.  While new workgroups were being added to
the FSG family, we found that folks wanted to know how the LSB operated
so we were asked to put it to pen.

The LSB charter drafting committee has written a charter that was approved
by the LSB workgroup.  We now have a well defined steering committee and a
voting process which closely reflects how we have been operating all along.

http://www.linuxbase.org/policy/charter.html

The first official business resulting from the charter will be to establish
a temporary election committee for the purpose to elect a new chairman.
There is no urgent need for a new chairman :-), but an opportunity to
elect a new chairman has been long overdue.

--
George (gk4)