[lsb-discuss] Re: [Lsb-specauth] [Patch] Remove all depreciated parts from gLSB's command section

Stuart Anderson anderson at netsweng.com
Sat Sep 20 05:30:28 PDT 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Tobias Burnus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this patch removes all sections marked as depreciated in the gLSB 1.3,
> especially the commands "sum" and "rsync" (they also need to be removed
> from the database).
>
> I also removed in "chown" the part which allows to use user.group
> although this was not depreciated in 1.3. (Reason: Those who have
> install a glibc with POSIX 1003.1-2001 defined, automatically have a chown
> which doesn't accept the dot.) -- I might have removed other parts which
> were not depreciated in 1.3 (but are marked as such in 1.9-WIP).

1.9 is not a published spec, so something newly deprecated in 1.9 needs to
remain present, but deprecated for 2.0. Things which were deprecated in 1.3
can be removed.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson at netsweng.com
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                 BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149