[lsb-discuss] Re: [Lsb-specauth] [Patch] Remove all depreciated parts from gLSB's command section

Jim Kingdon kingdon at panix.com
Mon Sep 22 12:24:08 PDT 2003

> this patch removes all sections marked as depreciated in the gLSB 1.3,

I've looked this over and my comments are in the agenda for
Wednesday's specauth meeting (
http://www.linuxbase.org/talks/sa20030924.html ).

We may need some people to look at the "chown user.group" removal more
closely.  I'm pretty reluctant to make this change without deprecating
first (and even with deprecating first, have script writers really
switched over to the user:group syntax?).  Perhaps someone can clarify
what happens with stock builds of glibc and GNU chown, whether there
are patches out there, whether this whole feature is much more obscure
than I'm assuming, etc.

Other than chown, the patch looks good to me.  At the meeting, we'll
see if anyone else has a reaction to offer.