[lsb-discuss] Re: [Lsb-wg] LSB Spec Authority 2004-09-24: Init scripts, deprecated commands

anderson at freestandards.org anderson at freestandards.org
Wed Sep 24 15:58:31 PDT 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Tobias Burnus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> http://www.linuxbase.org/talks/sa20030924.html
> (I should join the SA call some day)
>
> | Deprecated differences
> | [...] Stuff to do after applying that patch: [...] In chmod, chgrp,
> | chown, and sleep, need to get rid of synopsis which no longer makes
> | sense (Kingdon to do that).
> There are other command manpages which can be removed; their purpose has
> been obsolated by the removal of --help and --version: nl, nohup, paste,
> pathchk, printf, and pwd.

This is partly controlled by the DB, so if we can approve a list to remove,
I can handle that part of it.

                                Stuart

anderson at freestandards.org                             Free Standards Group
Lead Developer, Written Specification                  Linux Standard Base
1024D/37A79149:                                        0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                       BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149