[lsb-discuss] Creating an XML/SGML LSB Component/ Freestandards Workgroup

Daniel Quinlan quinlan at pathname.com
Thu Aug 19 09:49:31 PDT 2004

Mark Johnson <mrj at debian.org> writes:

> According to the FSG doc on forming LSB (and hence FSG) workgroups:

Umm... where do we say that's the document on forming "LSB workgroups"?

(There's no such thing as an LSB workgroup.  We have "workgroups" and
workgroups may have "subgroups" or "sub-projects".)

> http://members.freestandards.org/policy/fsg102-newworkgroup-draft.txt

That's for new (top-level) workgroups.  You have said "LSB" so I assume
you want your workgroup to be part of the LSB.

I can't speak for the rest of the board, but you are very likely to be
asked: why isn't this part of the LSB???  If the C++ component can be
developed inside the LSB workgroup, why can't XML/SGML?

> P.S. FWIW, I bought the lsb-xml.org and lsb-xml-sgml.org domains, as
> well.

Okay, we'll want to figure that out as we go forward (or even if we
don't, LSB is a trademark of the Free Standards Group).  How we add new
domains for workgroups is up to Jim and our IT committee, though.

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/