[lsb-discuss] 2.6 kernel failing lofs mount from lsb-runtime-test

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at samba.org
Wed Feb 4 22:56:59 PST 2004

At 2004/2/4 20:02-0500  Stew Benedict writes:
> for several of the streamio tests
>
> Once it's all done, /proc/mounts shows a number of /dev/loop0 mount points
> for these tests, although "mount" doesn't show anything mounted.
>
> Using an abrreviated scen.exec for just the relevant tests, leaves 2 mount
> points behind. stat -f shows:
>
> stat -f d.putc/putc-d.11 (or d.fputc/putc-d.11)
> ID: 0 Namelen: 255 Type: ext2/ext3
> Blocks: Total: 1963	Free: 16 Available: 0 Size: 1024
> Inodes: Total: 256	Free: 3

So it looks like when a test is failing the harness is failing to
unmount the loopback filesystem. Kind of get a train wreck effect
after that as its unable to mount the loopback ro for other tests,
leading to lots of unresolved failures.

> I've found that I need to uninstall/reinstall the test suite to get back
> to clean runs. Rebooting back to a 2.4 kernel isn't sufficient.

I suspect the loopback file is getting corrupted. Could you try saving
a copy of loopback_disk.ext2 before you run the tests, then replacing
it after the test run? You'll also need to do a "losetup -d
/dev/loop0" before copying the backup in if you don't reboot first.

Regards,

Chris
cyeoh at au.ibm.com
IBM OzLabs Linux Development Group