[lsb-discuss] How to determine whether the application developed on Linux is LSB Compliant?

Christopher Yeoh cyeoh at samba.org
Thu Jul 15 21:50:25 PDT 2004

At 2004/7/16 09:52+0530  Ganesh_Borse at Dell.com writes:
> Hi,
>
> I am a developer working in a team doing development on Red Hat Linux.
>
> I woud like to find out whether the appliction developed by our team is LSB compliant or not.
>
> How can I obtain this? What do I need to do this?

The first place to start is to download lsbappchk:

http://www.linuxbase.org/download/index.php/test_suites

Note that unless you use the LSB build tools, you will at least get an
error about the LSB linker, and you may get some about the wrong
versions of functions being used. It is however a good first pass to
check how close a binary is to being compliant.

Chris
cyeoh at au.ibm.com
IBM OzLabs Linux Development Group
Canberra, Australia