[lsb-discuss] lsb_release and /etc/lsb-release

Doug Beattie dbb at linkexplorer.com
Wed May 5 07:23:29 PDT 2004

We spoke about this in the last couple months. The only thing required
is the lsb_release command. It is specified, but nothing is there about
the file.

We also talked about improving the description to be more definitive
about what the various options provided format wise. One example is shown
for 2.0 to help clarify the modular aspect but more could be added to
insure all option formats are clear. I think we even discussed output
structure definitions for the options, but I'm not positive about this
point or what the thoughts were on it.