[lsb-discuss] [BUG?] MSG_DONTWAIT/MSG_NOSIGNAL not defined

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Fri Nov 5 09:38:18 PST 2004

>> My group is evaluating the effort to make our application
>compliant with LSB 1.3, using lsbappchk etc.
>>
>> The subject send() flags are not defined when lsbcc is used,
>and generate compile errors -- are these non-standard in the LSB?

They're in the socket.h header for LSB 2.0.  2.0 picks up
a lot of stuff that was just plain missed in the 1.x series -
these may be in that category.  Don't have a 1.3 install
handy to check just now.

I think you can try just defining the values in the form

#ifndef MSG_DONTWAIT
#define MSG_DONTWAIT 0x40
#define MSG_NOSIGNAL 0x4000
#endif

(and any others you happen to need...)

those are the values from the 2.0 headers.

lsb-build is the best mailing list for porting / development
tools discussion, by the way.  added to the Cc list.