[lsb-discuss] LSB Chairmanship update

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Aug 11 14:34:57 PDT 2005

It is with regret that I announce my impending
resignation as Chair of the LSB Workgroup. An
upcoming change in my status will leave me unable
to devote the time necessary to the job and
I am not able to stand for re-election in
December. Knowing this, I wish to step aside
now, at the successful completion of the 3.0
release cycle, and leave the new chair the
opportunity to guide the 4.0 cycle from the
beginning, as well as give time for a smooth
transition while I still have the time to
assist with it.

It has been quite a challenge guiding this
project since I was elected nearly two years
ago, one which has been often rewarding,
sometimes frustrating, always interesting.
I thank you all for your support during this
time. It is my hope that I can continue to
work with the LSB in some capacity.

I have instructed the LSB Steering Committee
to begin the process of forming the Election
Committee which will carry out the steps of
identifying candidate(s) and conducting the
election. I anticipate this process will take
from six to eight weeks (37 days is the minimum
possible under the LSB Charter - you can read
more on this and other workgroup policies and
procedures at:
http://www.linuxbase.org/policy).  Along the
way some of you will be notified that you are
on the list of eligible voters - the guidelines
for that are also set forth in the Charter.
If any of you reading this are interested in
standing for the position, drop me a line and
I'll make sure the word gets to the election
committee.  There IS a considerable time
commitment involved.

My resignation will be effective the day on
which the election results are ratified and
the new chair is ready to take up the reins.

Regards,

Mats Wichmann