[lsb-discuss] Query regarding LSB 2.0 compliance

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Wed Dec 14 10:01:35 PST 2005

	Hi,

	My name is krishna.I have some query regarding LSB 2.0
compliance.

	1) If i run my application with GCC 3.3.3  on suse 9.2 with
Linux2.6 kernel with out any errors and links only to limited set of
libraries provide by LSB. Is my application is LSB compliance????

The way to answer this is by examining it with lsbappchk.
In general, if you didn't take steps to make sure the app
targeted LSB (for example, using lsbcc to build it), the
answer will be no, as even some of the LSB-specified libraries
may have non-LSB symbols in them; and as you'll be missing
the required LSB linker name.

	2) Some link says GCC 3.3.3 is LSB compliance.GCC 3.3.5 and
above make LSB compilance is this correct.

It's not intended that this level of granularity of the
version of the build tool is required.  If I recall, we
based the precise libstdc++ symbol/version set on that
provided by gcc 3.3.4 (might have been 3.3.3), but it's not
certain that using a slightly lower compiler level would
expose any differences, and in any case it only applies
to the c++ library, not to C code.

	3) How to make my code LSB 2.o Complaince.

The simplest approach to start with is to try building with
lsbcc and check the result with lsbappchk (these are
provided by packages you can download from the FSG ftp
site - see http://www.linuxbase.org/download).

Please check back with more questions as you encounter them,
we'll be happy to help.

	Thanks in Advance.

	Regards,
	krishna.