[lsb-discuss] standardized C++ apps?

Karl Pietrzak kap4020 at rit.edu
Sun Jul 31 15:35:49 PDT 2005

On Sunday 31 July 2005 16:13, you wrote:
>             Yes, one of the major contributions coming out of LSB 3.0 is
> standardization of C++ ABI as defined by GCC 3.4.x (and 4.0) compiler.
> Please refer to www.linuxbase.org <http://www.linuxbase.org/>  specs are
> for details.
>
> As the C++ ABI went through a revision between 3.3 and 3.4 GCC, you may
> see the problems similar to what you mentioned.

Fedora Core 4 uses gcc 4.0 and thusly the gcc 4.0 ABI, as far as I know (I'm a
SuSE Linux user).

> If you are seeing some additional problems that LSB 3.0 will not fix,
> let's discuss this here.

Will the C++ part of LSB 3.0 be mandatory?  Correct me if I'm wrong (please),
but wasn't the C++ ABI part of the LSB 2.0 optional?  I know there was a big
controversy on what ABI the LSB decided on.

Thanks!